What is BrowZine?
BrowZine is a free tablet application from Third Iron that allows users to browse, read, and monitor journals available through the Trinity Library. With the BrowZine app, you can:
- Create a bookshelf of your favorite journals for easy, fast access
- Read articles in a format optimized for a tablet device
- Get alerts when new journal issues are published
- Save articles to Zotero, Dropbox, or an app of your choice for pdf collecting and notetaking
- Share links to articles with others by email, Facebook, or Twitter
BrowZine is now available for both the iPad and Android tablets as well as on the iPhone. Officially supported Android devices include the Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy, and Kindle Fire HD on the Ice Cream Sandwich platforms.
BrowZine is a brand new product and has worked to include journals from many of the major publishers, particularly in the sciences, but you’ll find that not all journals are yet included. More and more journals will be added over time. An updated list of supported publishers is available on the Third Iron website.
Download and Sign In
BrowZine can be downloaded for free from iTunes at this link, or by searching the App Store for 'BrowZine'.
BrowZine for iPhone is now available! With this, you have the option to create a BrowZine Account. If you have BrowZine installed on your iPhone and iPad, you may now sync your My Bookshelf contents. If you add a journal to My Bookshelf or clear a new article notification from your iPad, it will automatically appear on your iPhone.
BrowZine can be downloaded on your iPhone for free from iTunes. Search the App Store for 'BrowZine'.
All users have access to content in open access journals available from publishers such as BioMed Central and PLoS. To access content from supported publishers available through the Coates Library subscriptions, you must sign in with your Trinity userID and password.
To sign in:
1) After downloading and opening the app for the first time, you will be asked to 'Choose a Library'.
2) Scroll down to, or type into the search bar, 'Coates Library' and select.
3) Enter your Trinity ID and Password in the appropriate fields, and login.